30 January 2013

No Time for Goodbye


I got this e-book No Time for Goodbye by Linwood Barclay from my online friends and when I read the blurb, I was immediately drawn to the story. I know I just have to read it right away!

Here's what I got from Goodreads...

Fourteen-year-old Cynthia Bigge woke one morning to discover that her entire family, mother, father, brother had vanished. No note, no trace, no return. Ever. Now, twenty-five years later, she'll learn the devastating truth

Sometimes better not to know. . . .

Cynthia is happily married with a young daughter, a new family. But the story of her old family isn't over. A strange car in the neighborhood, untraceable phone calls, ominous gifts, someone has returned to her hometown to finish what was started twenty-five years ago. And no one's innocence is guaranteed, not even her own. By the time Cynthia discovers her killer's shocking identity, it will again be too late . . . even for goodbye.

What do you think? Looks interesting, right?

You know, this is one of my fears: waking up with my family gone. It can happen so it is more scary for me. I just hope this thing never happens to anybody in real life.

0 comments: