14 February 2015

Done Reading: Kidnapped

Before 2014 ended, I told myself that I should start reading the classics. I haven't read too many so I get ashamed when people talk about a classic book and I end up scratching my head because I didn't know anything about it. So, I made a goal for 2015 that I will read as many classics as I can. This is classics number one for 2015 for me...


As he sets off into the world to seek his last remaining kinsman, Uncle Ebenezer, young David Balfour has no idea of the hazards and intrigues that the encounter will bring. He finds his uncle to be a decrepit, miserly man, and soon realizes that Ebenezer is also a liar. But before he can fathom his machinations, David is tricked into boarding the brig Covenant, and bound for slavery in distant Carolina...

Overcoming the perils of sea and the turbulent fortunes that befall him after he is shipwrecked - including a charge of murder - David ultimately emerges triumphant to claim his rightful heritage.

My Thoughts...

I am not going to attempt to review this book. I am just going to give it a rating. It confused me and I had to read it again just to understand the story. I felt like it was translated badly for some reason and the reactions of the characters were not entirely right for the scene. But it could just be me. Ha-ha!

***

Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
Rating:

0 comments: