16 October 2012

After reading a really great book...

The thing with reading is this when you finish a really good book you tend to compare all the succeeding books to the joy you got from that good one. Instead of being inspired to read some more, what happens is that you tend to go on a plateau and would stop reading for a while. At least that's what it is with me. After Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire, I read Bared to You by Sylvia Day. It was not as good as Beautiful Disaster but I still loved it! So what I did after reading Bared to You was I read Beautiful Disaster again. I just had to have that high from reading Travis Maddox and Abby Abernathy's love story again.

Then I got into discussion about Bared to You with my best friend Tim who was able to read it first. We discussed Gideon Cross and Eva Tramell's love story and I got excited with the next book Reflected in You by Sylvia Day. Now that book was really good! I read it thrice already because I just love how the story unfolded and ended. There's a third (and possible fourth) book coming out in December. I can't wait for that one!

Meanwhile, I was stuck in a reading funk. I don't know what to read next that will give me the same high as the last book. So I read Beautiful Disaster again and I went back to reading Every Day by David Levithan. It was not as thrilling as the last three books I read but I've been hearing raves about the book so I have to read it now.

And good thing I now have Ceaseless by Abbi Glines, the last book in the Existence series. I've been waiting for this book to come out and I am excited to read it. I will make sure to finish it in one seating!

0 comments: