04 October 2012

Anne Rice and Me


I used to be a huge fan of Anne Rice and her dark novels. Interview with the Vampire and the rest of the vampire books, Cry to Heaven (which is my favorite of all her books!), the Beauty trilogy, The Witching Hour and the rest of the Mayfair Witches books. All those books I've read when I was younger and I loved all of it! Anne Rice has a very intriguing way of writing her books that even though all her books are dark in concept, there are enough twists and turns to keep you reading it until the last page. That's how it was for me, anyway.

But then after going through so much in life, I realized I don't need more darkness around me by reading too much dark-themed novels. And Anne Rice's books are dark. I slowly veered away from reading her books into lighter ones and, well, I got over my crazy love for whatever Anne Rice wrote.

It's her birthday today. I read in Twitter via Lucy of Fully Booked's tweet that she's 71 now. I remember reading about her husband's death and how she began seeing the light after. She stopped writing dark novels and is now focusing on her renewed faith in the Lord. Good for her!

Happy birthday, Anne Rice!

I still think you're one of the best writers of your generation!

;)

*photo credit: Fully Booked

0 comments: