13 April 2014

Review: The Gamble Brothers Series, Books 1 and 2

First off, let me just get this out of the way... I freaking love J. Lynn/Jennifer L. Armentrout's Gamble brothers!!! I've read these two books at least three times now and I am planning to read it again if I find myself looking for something to make my heart go thump-thump-thump. Ha-ha!

I am making a two-book review here. I am still awaiting the release of the third and last Gamble brother book so here goes...

The first book in the 3-book series is Tempting the Best Man. It is the story of Chase Gamble and Madison Daniels. Here is the blurb from Goodreads...
She'll make him lose control...

Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first...
I super love this book!!! I love how Chase kept fighting off his attraction towards Maddie but he would always end up near her, yearning for her in more ways than one. I also love how the two finally came together inside that cornballs love shack from hell. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Then there's the second book which is Tempting the Player. I loved Chase and Maddie's story but this second book is by far my favorite! I fell in love with Chad Gamble and Bridget Rogers! Goodreads has this about the book...
He's a player on and off the field...

Chad Gamble, all-star pitcher for the Nationals, is one of the best players on—and off—the field. And right now, the notorious bad boy wants Bridget Rodgers. But with her lush curves and snappy comebacks, the feisty redhead is the kind of woman a man wants to settle down with…and that’s the last thing Chad needs.

When the paparazzi catch them in a compromising position, Chad’s manager issues an ultimatum: clean up his act or kiss his multi-million dollar contract goodbye. To save his career, his meddling publicist says he'll have to convince everyone Bridget isn’t just his flavor of the week, but his girlfriend.

Being blackmailed into a fake relationship with Chad Gamble isn’t easy, especially when the sizzling physical attraction between them is undeniable. With a month to go on their arranged pretense, it's going to take every ounce of willpower they have not to fall into bed together...or in love.
A kilig-fest, I tell you! I felt as if I am Bridget while reading this story. It made me feel like I am living in her shoes and wanting Chad, feeling it in the deepest recesses of my soul! Ha! Ha! Ha! I was laughing while I read this story, and I cried a little, too, on that part during Christmas Eve. And I think I swooned upon reading Chad's proposal! It's so freaking sweet!!!

If you want books you can read again and again, especially when you are feeling down and out and in need of some hope, love, and cheering up, The Gamble Brothers Series are the books you need to have on your shelf! Make sure you have it!

I really can't wait for Chandler Gamble's story to come out! According to Goodreads, Tempting the Bodyguard will be published this coming May.

Yeehaw!!!

***

Tempting the Best Man rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Tempting the Player rating: 5 out of 5 stars

0 comments: