11 April 2014

DNF

I was stalking some book bloggers in Instagram when I saw one comment that said DNF. The bookworms were talking about what books they gave up on due to a lot of reasons number one of which is an uninteresting progress in the story.

That's when I realized what DNF means... Do/Did Not Finish!

Most of the bloggers in that post commented that they would give up on the book they're reading and move on to the next one.

If you ask me, I also experience this in some of the books I've read. I would like to have categorized some into the DNF list but I am the type of person who hates giving up on anything. Ha-ha! What I would do is I set aside the book when I feel like my interest is waning and when I am up for it again, I would go back and force myself to finish it.

I am currently in this rut with the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I am at a crossroads with this book. I know people are gushing about how good this book is but I really have a problem with the book being too wordy. The author is too noisy in my head and it's turning me off so much! The plot is getting lost on me because of my annoyance towards the book's noise. I don't know if you get what I am saying but it's like reading the book with the author talking incessantly in your ear.

BUT I will finish this book this weekend, by hook or by crook! Just to get it out of the way. Ha-ha!

0 comments: