10 April 2014

Review: Through to You


I remember clearly how I kept looking for this book I saw in Goodreads recommendation. I checked with two big local bookstores but both didn't have it in their stocks. So what I did I got an ebook copy of this book that got me so intrigued by the blurb I found in Goodreads...
Camden Pike has been grief-stricken since his girlfriend, Viv, died. He’d give anything to have just one more glimpse of her. But when Cam visits the site of Viv’s deadly car accident, he sees an apparition. Her name is Nina, and she’s a girl from a parallel world. When Cam follows her there and makes an unbelievable discovery, it’s as if all his wildest dreams have come true. But things are very different in this other world. Nina is hiding a secret, and the window between the worlds is shrinking every day. As Cam comes to terms with the truth, he’s forced to make a choice that will change his life forever.
Do you know the idea of a parallel world, where a world similar to ours is co-existing with us? I've been fascinated by that concept since I was a kid! I believe that there is a world out there with people just like us and we are only separated by a plane.

The very reason why I was intrigued by Through to You by Emily Hainsworth is the concept of a parallel world. So you can say that I have very high expectations with this book.

Let me say first that I enjoyed reading the book. I couldn't put it down! I wanted to know why the parallel worlds of Camden and Nina suddenly opened up to let them in each other's worlds. I also wanted to know what the greenish glow that opens up both their worlds could do to resolve their issues.

Unfortunately, the author, this novel being her first, failed to communicate that very reason. I was waiting for a closure of some kind but there was none. It would have been nice for the story to have had an ending of some kind. Maybe, not the happy ever after we are all used to. But something that would have resolved the issues between Camden, Viv, and Nina. And that greenish glow separating the parallel worlds.

Two more chapters would have been nice :)

All in all, this is one enjoyable book if you don't have anything captivating to read at the moment.

***

Through to You rating: 3 out of 5 stars

0 comments: